Email Marketing Specialist
Job Title : Email Marketing Specialist
Department : Fundraising & Communications
Responsible to : Online Acquisition Manager
Location : Istanbul
The Email MarketingSpecialistwill be a key member of the online fundraising team, leading the creation and execution of email campaigns to reach both acquisition and retention targets. Working closely with the Online Acquisition Manager to develop e-mail segmentation, you will ensure that campaigns are targeted effectively for maximum ROI. You will engage with stakeholders of all levels to ensure that both the Greenpeace supporters’ experience and business objectives are aligned to support the overall coordinated campaign strategies.
- Run all aspects of customer and email segmentation ensuring best practice is followed
- Reach monthly supporter objectives
- Day-to-day management of multiple e-mail campaigns, including planning, monitoring, optimization as well as analysis and communication of results to the online acquisition team and the Head of Acquisition
- Work closely with the design and content teams to manage the email planning calendar
- Increase active supporters in database and email sign ups
- Manage and report on online ratings and reviews
- Work with Online Acquisition Manager to develop A/B testing methodology– analyze results of AB tests and recommend changes and updates
- Conduct and analyze regular testing of subject lines, content, layout, segmenting approaches, etc. to improve program performance
- Manage and report detailed analysis of all campaigns including establishment of measurable response rates, conversion rates, and ROI for all campaigns.
- Analyze and report on results of email, leveraging learning to improve future performance.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in email marketing; Shares best practices across the Greenpeace network worldwide.
Skills & Qualifications
- Be a real team player and be driven by numbers and success
- Have excellent knowledge and a passion for online marketing
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability.
- Knowledge of e-campaign performance drivers and optimization techniques
- Strong analytical abilities, with proven experience in Digital Analytics, preferably Google Analytics
- Previous experience of working with an e-mail provider
- A strong understanding of content management systems
- HTML code knowledge and some experience with ESP is preferred for this role.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Sense of humor is preferred
- Ability to work with other Departments to ensure projects success
Fluent in Turkish and English.
Commitment to Greenpeace’s core values in response to environmental and peace issuesthrough non-violent direct action-led campaigning in line with its mission.
Greenpeace Mediterranean strives to maintain a diverse workplace, and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value applicants to enrich diversity of our staff members; women, people of ethnic and/or religious minorities, as well as transgender/gender-variant individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.